Monday, September 30, 2013

Class DOJO

Oh my gosh! Where have the past few weeks gone! I've had every intention of getting online to my blog, and somehow time gets the best of me.  So I am going to catch up and hope to stay that way!

Where to start?  Well, my year is off to a fabulous start.  I love my kiddos...all 60 of them.  I team teach with two other fabulous teachers in the DFW area in Texas.  I am lucky and get to focus most of my time on Math for three rotations.  Behavior for these three classes had me unsure of what to do outside of the norm.  Its not the behavior aspect as much as the organization of tracking it.

I decided to try Class Dojo this year.  For starters the characters are just so darn cute!  (See them below).  Secondly, its technology based which I love.  And third and most importantly it allows students to track their progress and for parents to get involved.  So far, its going well!  My team began using it with the expectation that we would give rewards based on point accumulation every three weeks.  This has proven to be too long between and we are going to a weekly check in so that students can have more immediate feedback. 

If you use Data Folders and would like to the papers that we put in them click below to get them for FREE.


Click on the image to learn more about Class Dojo!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Click on the first image to get the packet.  The DOJO packet includes both the weekly goal papers as well as 6 weeks version if you want it.  Enjoy!

 

 

 


4 comments: